Don’t get left behind when it comes to fashion this year. Hats have made a comeback and you will want to be a part of it. Everybody is wearing something on their heads it seems and not just to keep warm from the chill that has swept the earth. Hats and headpieces can be quite stylish, if you know how to wear them properly. According to Emily Post, “It is impossible for a hatless woman to be chic.” I just did a Customer Corner blog entry titled Real Women Wear Hats. Our customer wanted to share with everyone her very special Louisa Voisine designed hat made specifically for her. Here is what she had to say, “Next to the first date with my delicious love, my husband...our wedding day was the most extraordinary day of my life. Wearing an original Louisa Voisine hat that she
designed especially for me, made me feel on top of the world..like a princess whose dreams all came true on that special day. Louisa's hats are like great art...empowering & stunning!” Empowering and stunning, these are great qualities every woman should feel. If wearing a hat can help with that, go for it. A few things to keep in mind when choosing hats:
- Look for a hat that goes with your skin tone and the shape of your face. Just like makeup and clothing, certain colors in hats accentuate both the good and the bad.
- You may need to change your hairstyle for the day. Some hats set differently than one would think. Keep this in mind when trying them on. When you do purchase one and take it home, play with it and your hair. Try an up do or a ponytail tied low on the neck, as long as it feels good under the hat.
- Get the correct size. If you find that the band is rubbing the wrong way you need to move up a size. But, if your hat is easily knocked off your head or covers your ears you need to go down a size.
Hats Have Made a Comeback
Hats Have Made a Comeback
Hats Have Made a ComebackThere is no need to have only one hat either. Just like your shoe closet or your handbag shelf, there are plenty of hats to match each of your outfits. Some things to remember:
- Do keep your expensive hats stored properly, in a hat box, to keep the dust off of them and to keep from crushing them.
- Do not wear designer hats in the rain. Rain and felt do not get along very well. If you must, wear some fashion of plastic over the hat.
- You can use steam from a teakettle to bring life back to an old hat. Doing this will help the stiffeners, well re-stiffen
- For big problems and fixes take your hat to a millinery. They will know how to help.